PennApps is the University of Pennsylvania's bi-annual hackathon event. The University’s best programmers and entrepreneurs will team up over a weekend to build amazing applications, this year, centered around data. The event is hosted by the Dining Philosophers (Penn’s computer science club) and other campus groups.
- When: 6:00pm Friday, September 16th – 4:30pm Sunday, September 18th (it's a 48-hour hackathon)
- Where: Towne Building in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia (map)
- What: The event begins on Friday evening featuring tech talks on various frameworks and APIs. Everyone will be hacking until Sunday at 12:00, followed by demos from 2-4.
- Who: All college students are eligible, from Penn or beyond.
- Judging: Competition entries will be judged by a panel consisting of entrepreneurs and industry experts.
This upcoming Hackathon will be the third PennApps Hackathon. In the past (2009, 2010, Spring 2011) PennApps has seen a tremendous response from the students and the tech community. PennApps Mobile, held in January 2011, had nearly 100 attendees and 23 teams presenting demos at the end. Technically Philly, amongst others, has covered the event. We couldn't have done it without our fantastic sponsors at our last two hackathons!